7.11.2010

Miyano Tetsujiro & Miyano Lineage





These three Anahiki Ryoba saws (310mm, 360mm, 360mm) are made by Miyano Tetsujiro (宮野 ***)from Miki, Hyogo, Japan. If the Nakaya's are all centered around Sanjō (三条市), then Miki, Hyōgo (兵庫県,三木市) would be the central hub of the Miyano blacksmiths. Miyano Heijiro I ((1846-1917) was possibly the first blacksmith working under the Miyano name (shodai sōke). Miyano Heijiro was the father of Miyano Tetsunosuke I(宮野鉄之助), who was apparently not the eldest son since there is a Miyano Heijiro II (born 1867) and Miyano Heijiro III (1901-1996).. Miyano Tetsunosuke I had no sons and his daughter married a man named ((Endo Masachirou (遠藤政一郎) still verifying this ))that would become Miyano Tetsunosuke II after his death. Miyano Tetsunosuke II only apprenticed his son(s) one of who would inherit the title Miyano Tetsunosuke III. Miyano Tetsunosuke III (Miyano Dai Endo, Endo Tomoyoa, or better known as Yataiki) had no apprentices.

Another man Onishi Ryuhei(大西龍平), apprenticed under Miyano Tetsunsoke I. That man was succeeded by his son, who is blacksmith working in Miki.

I am still trying to tie in how Tetsujiro fits into the big picture here. I know his saws commanded a big price in the 80's. From the information I was given, the saws I have were all produced around or before the 1960's.


More to Come... Excuse the mess while I edit this.

No comments:

Post a Comment